PATRICK J. CAHILLANE MS, CJM.
- Over 30 years of experience at a County Sheriff’s department with extensive supervisory, management and investigative responsibilities.
- Ten years of experience teaching at the University Level
- Thorough knowledge of Criminal Justice Management process, policies and practices of correctional facilities, as well as institutional classification systems
- Understanding of the public budget process and government function and how the processes influence criminal justice and public safety.
Western New England University, Springfield, MA.
Master of Science in Criminal Justice Administration (May 1999)
Westfield State University, Westfield, MA.
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (May 1991)
Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA.
Associate of Science in Law Enforcement (May 1979)
St. Michael’s High School, Northampton, MA.
Diploma of Graduation (1976)
Hampshire County Sheriff’s Department, Northampton, MA
- Per. Massachusetts General Laws Chap.37, perform duties of the Sheriff in his/her absence or illness
- Chief Administrative and Operating Officer of the Hampshire Sheriff’s Department under the County Sheriff
- Develop a department philosophy in line with the community’s ideals for public safety and Sheriffs philosophy.
- Evaluates the overall staffing as it relates to the operations of the facility.
- Supervisory Responsibility for over 160 staff.
Adjunct Faculty-Westfield State University, Westfield, Ma.
- Assist in educating students in different aspects of the Criminal Justice System.
- Courses presented: Introduction to Criminal Justice, Introduction to Corrections, Contemporary Issues in Corrections, The American Judicial System, Contemporary Issues in Criminal Justice, Theories of Crime, Massachusetts Corrections (Probation/Parole and Prisons)
Assistant Deputy Superintendent for Security
- Oversee security operations of Hampshire County Jail and House of Corrections.
- Oversee security staff of 102 employees, in a 24/7 environment.
- Involved in hiring and promotional process
- Evaluate security supervisors and review performance of all security staff.
- Oversee Disciplinary System; review/rewrite security and disorder management policies.
- Coordinate facility shakedowns.
- Oversee, review and perform investigations
Facility Accreditation Manager
- Worked with outside consultant to ensure that all policies met American Correctional Association requirements; ensured that procedures, once in place, were maintained.
- Wrote new policies and procedures for all operations of a correctional facility.
- Oversaw preparation of the facility’s first American Correctional Association accreditation audit.
- Supervised facility security operations and scheduled 34 officers for shifts.
- Oversaw performance of supervisory staff.
- Responsible for care and custody of inmates including group movements and programs.
OTHER CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACTIVITIES
- Auditor for the American Correctional Association (2000 to 2010)
- Member for Hampshire County-State of Massachusetts Corrections Master Plan Taskforce 2020 (2008-2010)
- Member of the first curriculum review committee for the On Line Training Academy for the American Correctional Association
- Hampshire Regional Police Lock-Up Committee-Co-Chair for design and construction of 1st. freestanding regional police lockup in the Commonwealth of Ma (2/1998-5/2002)
- Prison Rape Elimination Act Training for Police & Corrections Managers (Certified Trainer)
- Jail Security Auditing- National Institute of Correction, Longmont, CO
- Investigator Certification Program, Massachusetts Department of Corrections
- Staffing Analysis for Correctional Facilities, National Institute of Corrections and MA Sheriff’s Association
- 1st International Graduate Institute in Correctional Leadership, Salve Regina University
- Training for staff trainers; Correctional Supervision and Management, U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Corrections
- Leadership Council of Northampton (Community Policing Taskforce) Member (1994-1998)
- Board of Directors-FHBT Credit Union (2000-2005)
- St. Catherine’s Church, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine Board CCD educator (2000 to 2010)
- St. Patrick’s Association of Northampton, Former Board Member, Float Committee Chairperson (1989-1994)MILITARY SERVICE (Honorable Discharge)
- Massachusetts Army National Guard (6/77-6/83)
- United States Army, Basic Training and Advanced Infantry Training (9/77-12/77)